Chocolate Challenge 3.1
5k Walk/Run & 10k Run
Chocolate Milk. Chocolate Ice Cream. Chocolate Fudge. Chocolate Candy. Chocolate Cake. Chocolate Cookies.
The Morning of the Race
- Arrive with ample time to pick up bib & swag before the start
- Park in the designated area. There will be attendants directing you.
- If you have not picked up your bib/swag yet, make your way to the PPU area with ample time to return your swag to your car
- At packet pick up, you will get a your BIB (don't forget to grab some pins) and your swag
- Make your way to the start line at least 5 minutes before the start
During the Race
- There will be 3 hydration stations with drinks poured. (see course map for locations). Garbage cans will be placed shortly after the stops.
- There will be port-a-johns on the course and at start/finish line
- If you are walking, please maintain a 6’ social distance with any other walkers you do not know
At The Finish Line
- Congratulations, you finished!
- Get your finisher medal and chocolate
- Please maintain a social distance from anyone you did not arrive with
Chocolate Challenge 3.1 is planned as an IN-PERSON event scheduled for Saturday July 24th 2021!
We are following the CDC guidelines for COVID-19, therefore we request that unvaccinated runners please where a mask while waiting at the start line and while attending the post race party.
Time & LocationThe races will be run in waves along Long Branch
Park in Liverpool, NY the weekend of July 24th
DONATE TO KELLEIGH’S CAUSE
Kelleigh’s Cause, Inc is a nationally recognized 501(c)3 tax-exempt charitable organization founded in Central New York. Our charity is set up to raise awareness for rare diseases, provide family resources, and fund research in the search to find a cure for arteriovenous malformation (AVM).
Funds raised are used to support translational research in the field of vascular anomalies. Money is needed to pay for the tests that analyze proteins, test new and repurposed drugs, and develop and test quantitative imaging tests for patients.
We are currently supporting educational programs for Syracuse area families and doctors. Our primary research funding includes "The Kelleigh Gustafson Accelerated AVM Research Fund" at Boston's Children's Hospital.
Packet Pick Up
Long Branch Park on both Friday July 23rd & Saturday July 24th
3813 Long Branch Rd, Liverpool, NY 13090
Friday's pickup will begin at 7:00am and end at 6:00pm.
Saturday (Race Day) pickup will start at 6:30am and end at 7:45am.
Please follow the COVID 19 Checklist to get your package in a timely manner before your start time.
The Recovery Lounge - Live Better.Syracuse's first true wellness and recovery studio! Recovery sessions will be available after the race. Check out their website therecoverylounge.org to learn more about all the recovery services they offer at their Fayetteville location.