Chocolate Challenge 3.1
5k Walk/Run & 10k Run
Run The Chocolate Challenge!
All runners will receive a shirt, medal, and chocolate goodies.
In order to be compliant with NYS COVID-19 restrictions, we are offering the event(s) in waves.
The race is in support of Kelleigh’s Cause, an organization created to raise funds for arteriovenous malformation (AVM) research.
Chocolate Milk. Chocolate Ice Cream. Chocolate Fudge. Chocolate Candy. Chocolate Cake. Chocolate Cookies.
Before You Arrive
- Know the start time/day you signed up for
- Leave ample time to pick up bib & swag before your start (and put it in your car)
- Bring your own hydration liquids and sanitizing wipes/hand sanitizer. There will be sanitizing stations.
- Try to use a bathroom facility before you arrive
- Please bring a face covering to wear
What To Do Once You Arrive
- Arrive at least 30-45 minutes before the start time you signed up for
- Park in the designated area. There will be attendants directing you.
- Please stretch and hydrate at your car
- If you have not picked up your bib/swag yet, wait until 25 minutes before your start time to make your way to the PPU area
At Packet Pick Up Area
- Please wear a face covering
- Get to PPU area no sooner than 25 min. prior to your start time.
- You will get a your BIB (do not forget to grab some pins) and your swag.
- After you have your swag, drop it off at your car and pin on your bib (on the front)
At The Start Line
- Make your way to the start line 5 minutes before your start time.
- Please wear a face covering and social distance until the race begins.
During the Race
- There will be 3 hydration stations with drinks poured. (see course map for locations). We ask that you help yourself to a cup (we cannot hand them to you). Garbage cans will be placed shortly after the stops. We suggest carrying water with you.
- There are no port-a-johns on the course however there will be restrooms at start/finish line
- If you are walking, please maintain a 6’ social distance with any other walkers you do not know
At The Finish Line
- Congratulations, you finished!
- Get your finisher medal and chocolate
- Please maintain a social distance from anyone you did not arrive with
- Unfortunately, due to current COVID-19 restrictions we must ask that you do not hang out post-race. The next wave of runners will be arriving behind you.
Chocolate Challenge 3.1 is planned as an IN-PERSON event scheduled for Saturday July 24th 2021! However...
To keep up with ongoing NYS COVID-19 restrictions and protect the health of all of our participants, we’ve designed 3 different ways to participate in the race events
Time & LocationThe races will be run in waves along Long Branch
Park in Liverpool, NY the weekend of July 24th
DONATE TO KELLEIGH’S CAUSE
Kelleigh’s Cause, Inc is a nationally recognized 501(c)3 tax-exempt charitable organization founded in Central New York. Our charity is set up to raise awareness for rare diseases, provide family resources, and fund research in the search to find a cure for arteriovenous malformation (AVM).
Funds raised are used to support translational research in the field of vascular anomalies. Money is needed to pay for the tests that analyze proteins, test new and repurposed drugs, and develop and test quantitative imaging tests for patients.
We are currently supporting educational programs for Syracuse area families and doctors. Our primary research funding includes "The Kelleigh Gustafson Accelerated AVM Research Fund" at Boston's Children's Hospital.
Packet Pick Up
Long Branch Park on both Friday July 23rd & Saturday July 24th
3813 Long Branch Rd, Liverpool, NY 13090
Friday's pickup will begin at 7:00am and end at 6:00pm.
Saturday (Race Day) pickup will start at 6:30am and end at 7:45am.
Please follow the COVID 19 Checklist to get your package in a timely manner before your start time.